Summer Outdoor Fun on a Shoestring Budget
June 28, 2023
Budgeting & Saving
Summer activities don’t have to go by the wayside if your family is on a budget! Consider these 10 budget ideas to spend more time with your family outdoors this summer:
- Play basketball or tennis at a neighborhood park.
- Spend a day on rented inline skates touring a new part of town.
- Attend a free public outdoor concert at local parks.
- Visit your local zoo during discount days (many offer one day/week that’s free).
- Throw a potluck barbecue with friends and offer several outdoor activities for the kiddos to participate in while the parents catch up.
- Spend the day at the local community pool.
- Schedule a day car trip to visit local attractions. Many people haven’t even seen the top tourist attractions in their own town, let alone those within an hour or two of their home.
- Pack a picnic basket full of yummy items and head to a local outdoor attraction. Be sure to pack Frisbees, or other games to keep everyone entertained for a few hours.
- Invite friends over for a day of art outdoors. You could set up several crafts tables, where each child could rotate, giving everyone a variety of options and great items to take home at the end of the day.
- Get the entire family involved in a landscaping project. Your family can still enjoy a great summer, no matter what your budget is!